Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Thing #4 Why Commenting Is Important

Leaving feedback is essential for us to know how the world around us is responding to the work that we create - whether we have an assignment for class or create something for mass consumption.  It is like critiquing students on their work - they cannot know what they have done right or wrong if we leave them no feedback.  We would have no idea how our words, our ideas, our insights (so on and so forth) affect the world around us if no one told us how they felt or their own ideas.

In the Cool Cat Teacher Blog - I found that leaving meaningful comments is something I agree with and would hope that I do now and will continue to do.  Nothing is more frustrating than if someone leaves a comment like "Oh, that's cool" or "Wow."  That really doesn't tell us anything about what was written or the feelings of the reader.  I also never thought about drawing attention to yourself and your blog.  It makes sense, however, because you're building a community within that conversation.  Hence why it needs to be meaningful.

In Your Comments? from the Blue Skunk Blog - I found it meaningful that we should be thankful to the writer of the blog.  It is an interesting comment and I find myself nodding in agreement.  They did take the time to write and we took the time to read.  Whether or not we find common ground, we should at least thank them for taking that time.  It is just another road for polite etiquette online.

Rachel Cruise - Thing 8
I am grateful as always for my table partner for always finding new things or posting about things that she has used that are successful.  I love being able to learn from her technological experiences because I do not have that in my background.  She takes this assignment, puts together a great piece, and still manages to bring in some outside reference material.  Wonderful, as always.

Courtney Comperry - Thing 1
I relate to her post about finding more "fun" in life.  We're all busy people with full lives and its always helpful to know how others view and overcome their own problems facing education and life.

Theresa Hines - Thing 4
Theresa is engaging as a blogger.  Her posts a quirky and fun and you feel as though you're actually talking to her instead of reading.  She has great insights to our fellow classmates on different sets of posts.

Morgan Bryant - Thing 2
I relate to Morgan because, I too, have little experience with blogging.  The difference being that I stayed away because of a lack of interest and because of a lack of time.  There is just not enough hours in the day!

Joshua Jones - Thing 10
My comment here wasn't related to the actual post itself.  I am more enamored of his open style of writing and his ending for each post.  I like the little bite of each post.

http://parentseducationnetwork.org/Blog - This has a lot of good information and I find that it has a lot of relevant information.
The other non-classroom blog would be the Cynical Pharmacist from Facebook.  As a pharmacy worker, this is a breath of fresh air.  It is hilarious because it makes fun of our everyday trials and tribulations.  We can air our dirty laundry and know what we're not alone.  It's for venting and letting off steam.   

No comments:

Post a Comment