Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Thing #10 RSS Feeds

Oh my.  The things I'm missing in technology. 

Will I use this in the future?  Yes.
Will I use it as a teacher?  Yes.
Am I glad that we discovered this?  Yes.

I think this might be bad for my focus.  In the first 10 minutes I've already found 7 links to subscribe to.  Mostly parenting blogs.  Some food because I love food.  Fox News because I like to have headlines in one place. 

This is wonderful.  You can have everything at your fingertips in one place.  Why I never discovered this before is beyond me.  Feedly is user-friendly and clean.  I like websites that are clean.  Overall, I find that I might become addicted to this just as I have to Pinterest.  Having one place to go instead of multiple will be a godsend.  When I get to be in my own classroom, I can definitely see myself utilizing relevant information in my everyday scope of practice.

1 comment:

  1. I chuckled at your excitement at using RSS Feeds, because I can totally sympathize with finding so much to be interesting and getting lost in a sea of useful information! As a person who compulsively reads articles on news, politics, sports, world events, etc., I also like having my sources of information consolidated for much easier access. But, it sure can detract from your time of getting anything else done! Haha. Also, I wanted to comment on the aesthetics of your blog---very nice layout and design. The cursive font is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete