Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Thing #12 Google and ALL of it's functions.

So I am a huge Google fan already.  It's my homepage and I have two separate Gmail accounts for personal and professional use.  I use the Image search on a regular basis for personal and school related searches. 

Google Scholar has been a particular favorite of mine because it links up with APSU's library function.  The search is more streamlined and easier to manage than using APSU library function directly.  Especially with so many connectivity issues when not on campus. 

Google Maps is my preferred location for driving directions.  Printable maps are useful when one gets lost as easily as I do.

Google Earth is fun just to be able to spy on your neighboring countries or see your house from its last satellite view.  It has a lot of educational purposes as well.

I use Google Drive regularly due to my Gmail accounts and school.  It's user friendly and does not require me to use my over-stimulated brain to remember a floppy disc, USB drive, or any other third party devices that will be forgotten in the black hole that is my purse. 

I know it links advertising, business, fashion, and all sorts of other functions for easier searches and continues to be a HUGE success all the way around.

Google Plus Photos is linked to my Facebook and therefore there is not much for me to do with it.  The only outside benefit is that my brother can access my photos since he is not on Facebook.

I've used Google Calander and Translate a few times but usually for school purposes.  I can barely keep up with a hand written calendar, let alone one online.  Translate was for legal text pertaining to a paper that I was writing a couple of semesters ago.  It was in Japanese.

As far as Google is concerned, I am fairly competent.  I am certainly not an expert, but I use it on a regular basis for a variety of reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment