Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Thing 16: Get Organized with Web 2.0 Tools

UStart - None of them appealed to me so I just picked one.
I understand it's advantages and certainly can see it's appeal.  However, I will not make this a permanent page change.
The only reason an online calendar would be more useful than a handwritten one is that it can send notifications to you for upcoming events or assignment due dates.  Also, it can expand days that have a lot more coming up as opposed to days that have less going on.

There are a lot of tools that can be useful in both schools and at home.  We've already talked about a majority of them and their usefulness. 

As much as I use technology, I am still a technophobe at heart.  I much prefer notebooks and pens.  I like calendars that are in my hands.
My only concession is my smart phone.  I do have sticky notes for keeping track of upcoming dates and keeping track of anything that I need to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment