Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Thing #2: Creating the Blog and Avatar

Ok.  So I though this would be extremely difficult.  However, I find this to be a user friendly process.  Creating a blog is a step-by-step process.  Creating an avatar wasn't bad either.  I had more trouble deciding how to make myself look than actually creating "me".  I don't have many previous experiences with blogs.  I have read a couple over the years whenever I find a topic that interests me but otherwise I haven't bothered to check them out.  This is the first time that I've tried my hand at creating one.  It's a little cathartic coming here to type, even though it's related to HOMEWORK. 

The name of my blog was really just a little sarcastic jab at myself.  I am neither amazing or wonderful but I have my moments.  Truly, I am a great mom, a good student, and a decent person.  Beyond that, there isn't much to tell.  I don't know enough about the 23 Things program yet to truly form an opinion on it altogether, but so far, it's proving to be an interesting experience.  My posting name is my name.  I married into the name Pigg.  It is memorable and kids love it (not so much my kids but what can you do).

As far as my avatar is concerned, it's a short and wide version of myself.  Naturally curly hair, glasses, and simple style (with a Starbucks cup since Lasater's wasn't an option) is pretty much me in a nutshell.  Too bad they didn't have scrubs.   

1 comment:

  1. I totally get the whole last name thing. I think your future students will remember it. I feel for your kids too, I was teased by MANY people growing up for my last name but then I got married and got to change it! I think you are both amazing and wonderful and I think you will make a great teacher. Can't wait to read more about your 23 things!

    ReplyDelete